Who wrote Harry Potter?
The glory of the young wizard Harry Potter has spread all over the planet! To date, 7 books have been written about this unusual boy, which have been translated into more than 60 languages. For each book, pictures were taken that have at least a runaway success. The world created by the writer in these books is actively discussed in the media. So who wrote "Harry Potter"? Who is the man who could infect the whole world with his idea? The author is an Englishwoman JK Rowling. On the covers of her books you can see the following initials: "JK Rowling". The letter K. denotes the name "Kathleen" - that was the name of the writer's grandmother. The fact is that the publishing house was afraid to print the first book of Joan, because they were afraid of rejection by the readers. After all, Joan is a woman, and teenage boys were considered the main target audience of the future bestseller. Who would have thought that the Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone typewriter printed on an old typewriter would bring world fame to Joan, and people of all ages would be reading the novel.But then nobody knew about this success, so the writer had to introduce herself through her initials.
Following the first book, six others followed, which turned out to be no worse than the first. Perhaps soon Joan Rowling will please us with the continuation of the story of Harry Potter. In the meantime, we can enjoy great movies and computer games.
The novel "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" was published in 1997 and was recognized as the best children's book of the year. Now JK Rowling is the richest woman in England, and all this thanks to her creativity. In addition to the seven screen novels, JK Rowling released another book directly related to the previous ones. It is called "Harry Potter: Prehistory" (2008).
Films made from books collect full cinema halls. Warner Bros. received the right to film the first two books. Thanks to her and renowned director Chris Columbus, the world saw gorgeous films, the role of the protagonist in which was played by a very young Daniel Radcliffe. Then followed the adaptation of all the following books.
Interesting facts about JK Rowling and "Harry Potter":
- In 2006JK Rowling was recognized as the greatest of modern British writers.
- J. Rowling was born on July 31, 1965. Harry Potter - July 31, 1980
- The writer has created a site pottermore.com, which promised to upload new information about Harry Potter.
- One day, the writer's family moved to live in the town of Winterbourne, where four-year-old Joan met and became friends with children by the name of Potter.
- Joan wrote her first work at the age of six. It was a little story about the adventures of a rabbit.
- The first Harry Potter book was sold to Bloomsbury for $ 4,000. After that, Joan did not need to work as a teacher anymore, and she devoted herself entirely to creativity.