What is the difference between plaster and putty - the main points
What is the difference between plaster and putty? These materials are designed primarily for leveling surfaces. Usually in the process of performing capital works, masters require both. However, before proceeding with concrete actions, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the distinctive features of these materials and determine the areas of their possible application.
What is the difference between plaster and putty?primers? This construction mixture is used not only to smooth the surface of walls, but also to protect them from penetration and moisture accumulation. Plaster is also used to improve the thermal insulation properties of the coatings.
The structure of the plaster is coarse-grained. Therefore, it is convenient to apply on surfaces that contain significant irregularities and depressions. Often, to understand what distinguishes the putty from the plaster of a certain type, it is enough to get acquainted with the information that manufacturers place on the package. In this case, the plaster may differ in the presence of properties suitable for performing basic and decorative finishing works.
It is a plastic mass thatis an effective tool for eliminating small and deep scratches, chipping on the surface of the walls. The difference between plaster and plaster is the level of granularity. In plaster, this parameter is significantly less, which gives the mixture an additional viscosity.
When filling depressions and voids, putty is notIt varies in volume, bubbles and cracks do not form on its surface. As binding agents, there can be: gypsum, ordinary cement or polymeric materials. Surface treatment with putty makes it possible to create the most smooth, smooth layer, on which it is convenient to glue wallpaper, apply paint.
Distinctive properties of plaster and putty
What is the difference between plaster and putty? If to speak about putty, then behind it the task is not only to repair flaws on an even surface, but also to maximally smooth the structure of the plane, to make it homogeneous.
Allocate starting and finishing shpaklevku. The first type is used for fast sealing of cracks and other minor defects. Starting mixtures are more rough structure compared with the final. The latter option is used for smoothing the surface for painting or wallpapering.
What is the difference between gypsum plaster and putty? The structure and properties of gypsum plaster is a fundamentally different composition. The substance is used to cover bare brick or concrete walls, as well as foam blocks. Therefore, plastering is a rough finish.
If we talk about what distinguishes plaster fromputty, then it should also be noted the nature of the application of these substances. According to experts, the plaster should be applied in a layer no more than 5 cm. Otherwise, the coating will inevitably slide down. To avoid this, when applying plaster often apply a special mesh, which you will not see in the process of coating the surfaces with putty.
In conclusion, I would like to pay more attention to what distinguishes plaster from putty:
- The putty has a fine-grained structure, and the plaster is a coarse-grained construction mixture.
- The main purpose of the plaster is toleveling of surfaces and laying of a monolithic layer up to 5 cm. Putty, in turn, finds application in cosmetic, surface decoration of walls and elimination of defects with depth no more than two centimeters.
- The plaster is applied as an equalizing bare wall of the intermediate layer. Putty is the final layer before the final surface coating.
- To avoid the appearance of unevenness and slipping of the coating plastered walls are absolutely not recommended for rubbing with abrasives. At the same time putty is not afraid of contact with abrasive skins.
- On the complete drying of the plaster on average takes about two days. To dry the putty under normal conditions, less than a day is enough.