What is better windows 7 or xp?
In general, the question is very ambiguous. Someone with all hands for XP, someone for Windows 7. There are a lot of opinions on the fact, how many users, so many points of view. Let's try to figure out what is better: windows 7 or xp; on what basis conclusions are made; what it is worth paying attention to, and why this question generally arises.
Windows 7 and XP: Pros and Cons
- It is believed that XP is better suited for computers with low system resources. In this case, we are talking about old computers. The fact is that the work of the Windows 7 system takes up a large amount of the computer’s RAM. On older machines, the RAM does not differ in large size and ranges from 512 MB to 1 gigabyte. For the correct operation of Windows 7, such values are not enough. As a result, the old computer with the new operating system from Windows is extremely slow and unstable.
- If you are an adherent of new technologies and follow the development of the market of operating systems for personal computers, then it is not a secret for you that Windows 7 is the latest and therefore fresh solution for effective work.What is better for this feature? Windows 7 or Windows XP? Windows XP in 2012 turned 11 years old, that is, the system appeared in 2001. Despite the constant work of Microsoft programmers to fix Windows XP system errors, this program is getting older every year, which does not improve its performance. Years, commercials, after 5 Windows XP and will go to the Microsoft Museum at all.
- Windows 7 compares favorably with XP in terms of operating speed, usability, manufacturability, and computer economy. If you take two computers, one with Windows XP and one with Windows 7, and pick up the speed of work, then you will see that Windows 7 is far superior to Windows XP.
- Another advantage of Windows 7 is effective work with heavy files, graphics and video.
- Due to the recent appearance of Windows 7 in the operating system market, many drivers that worked fine on Windows XP are simply not suitable for the Windows 7 system. Especially if the bitness of the systems is different.
- Supporters of the Windows XP operating system have noted a great saving in computer resources. They give such an example for comparing two operating systems: “Imagine that Windows XP is a regular freight diesel locomotive. It can move very quickly and freely.Now imagine that 15 locomotives were attached to this diesel locomotive, hung with various kinds of beautiful, but not necessary ribbons, balls and tinsel. This composition is called Windows 7. So which of them will go faster? "This example perfectly illustrates the claims of XP fans to Windows 7. According to them, Windows 7 is only seemingly beautiful and pleasant software, and it is not much different from Windows XP , although it requires a much larger expenditure of resources and RAM of the computer. So there are thoughts about which is better: windows 7 or XP. It depends on what is important for you.
- Windows 7 supports more devices than Windows XP. If we are talking about the stability of these systems, then there is no difference. Many complain about the operation of the Windows 7 system, although if you put the same copy on another hardware, the system works fine and without failures. The same with Windows XP. On one machine, on another. In this aspect, everything depends more on the characteristics of the computer itself and its composite devices.
- In terms of the amount of storage on the hard disk, the Windows 7 system is leading. This is not good, because usually there is always little space on the hard disk. And if you also have a system that occupies a quarter of the disk space, then it becomes much more difficult to work.
Summarize. What is better, Windows 7 or Windows XP?
We hope that it is clear from the above that there is no definite answer to this question. Many factors can affect the choice of system: the type of computer, the resources of its devices, your preferences and the purposes for which you use a personal computer.