What is the need for Internet speed?
When buying a PC, you probably thought that you would later connect to the Internet. Without the World Wide Web it is impossible to do in the modern world. Many do not just use the network to search for information, but for communication and work. It is much more convenient to transfer data and files by email or Skype.
But in order that when uploading files or downloading pages you don’t have any problems, you should know what Internet speed is needed for professional and personal needs.
- Information received or sent from your PC to the Internet is measured in bits, 8 bits are bytes, 1000 bits are kilobytes, and 1000 bytes are kilobytes.
- For each provider, the connection speed is measured in megabits transmitted per second. In order to find out the download time for files whose size is shown in megabytes or gigabytes, you need to convert megabytes to megabytes. After that, you need to divide the file size by this speed.
- So, for example, if your connection speed is 10 Mbps, then dividing by 8, we get a speed of 1.25 Mb / s. At this speed, a 700 MB movie will be downloaded in 560 seconds, i.e. in 10 minutes
- In any tariff plan the maximum speed of download and download is indicated. And usually these two indicators are not the same. This is called an unbalanced connection. It is good for personal needs, such as downloading movies and music.
- A higher download rate is required for webmasters who must, at the right speed, transfer files to their resource. Or when asked what speed is needed for Skype, you should also think about an increased download rate. After all, it is through Skype that many transfer large files that need to be uploaded in time.
- Also, an increased download value can be chosen by people who are distributing to torrent trackers, and should transfer movies and music with large files.
- For other people it is normal when the download speed is several times faster than the download speed. After all, for downloading movies, music, software or games, it is just such an indicator.
- Another important point could be what kind of Internet speed is needed for a wireless connection, or WiFi? Each provider must provide a range of wireless connection rates, where you will choose the speed. For such a connection, you need the appropriate equipment that the provider must provide.
- The indicated speed will not always be equal to the actual one, since its parameters are affected by the line load and server features. There are a number of online resources on the Internet itself where you can check your connection speed.