What drink gin?
Gin is, first of all, a strong alcoholic drink. It is made by distillation with the addition of juniper, wheat alcohol. This gives this drink a distinctive taste. The taste of gin is dry, so it is very rarely consumed in its pure form. It must be distinguished, for example, from the gin of thorns or the sweet liqueur, which is traditionally made from the turn berries, which will later be infused with gin. The most common type of gin is “London dry gin” (i.e. London dry gin). This name is not a brand. Thus was called the distillation process. This type of gin is specifically used for making cocktails. It should be remembered that, in addition to juniper, citrus fruits (lemon or orange rind) are often added to this drink. Additives such as anise, orris root, angelica root, coriander, cinnamon and cassia bark can also be used.
Gene came to us from Holland. It is considered to be a refined drink, and it is enjoyed all over the world today. Even the most sophisticated gourmets can captivate the magical and soft taste of this alcoholic beverage.However, we must remember that gin refers to those drinks that you need to drink diluting with certain drinks. It is this that allows you to feel its smell and aftertaste.
The rules of the use of gin
So, with what drink gin, and how to use it properly?
- The first thing to remember is that gin is especially well combined as an ingredient in cocktails. At the same time, pure gin is considered a more masculine drink, since the alcohol content in it is at the level of 37%. Very often, for his fortress, you can hear his second name, namely “mozhevelnaya vodka”.
- If you want to drink pure gin, it is best to add a few ice cubes and a slice of lemon or lime to a glass with gin. It is the smell of mozhevelnik that will be perfectly combined with the smell of lemon. If you are wondering: what bites gin, then you can eat it with the same lemon.
- The most popular cocktails are martini, gin and tonic and also Vesper.
If you are confused: what diluted gin, then we will present you a list of drinks, with which it is most combined:
- vermouth (you get martinis);
- tonic - it can be like lemon Schweppes,and Sprite (you get a gin and tonic);
- vodka (you get a very strong cocktail Vesper) - this drink is most likely suitable for men;
- Excellent gin goes well with any freshly squeezed citrus juice (you will get a not strong, but youthful and tasty cocktail);
- You can mix gin with any beater (it can be both Campari and Angostura);
- With the same success you can mix gin with any fruit or berry liqueur.
It is not necessary to comply with standard proportions, while preparing a cocktail with juniper vodka. For example, you can make an original gin and tonic using the following recipe: 1 part of gin and 2 parts of tonic. However, you can fully rely on your taste and use a different proportion that you like.
The same can be said about other drinks that you will use with gin.
If you do not know what gin to eat, then most likely the most suitable will be a light snack that will whet your appetite. Green olives, lemon, lime and even hard cheese can go up to gin. This snack is suitable if you drink gin before a meal, but if this drink is consumed during lunch, then you can combine it with meat or even fish dishes.
You also need to remember that gin is in no way drunk in one gulp.