What are the design of sliding gates?
As the fencing elements in the lasttime, as noted by specialists in the production and marketing of this product, wide use has been given to various designs of sliding gates. The use of these devices is due to their considerable advantages in comparison with other similar devices, such as reliability from burglary, ease of operation regardless of weather conditions, excellent external design and others.
Types of sliding fences
The structures of sliding gates are of the following types:
- Console devices - these are the protectiveThe devices are widely used, as the travel is not limited in any way and large vehicles can move without hindrance. The guide of the carrier part in this device is installed on the lower web, while the control part of the mechanics is installed outside the passage. Such fencing does not require special care (systematic cleaning of ice, snow, leaves and other types of debris).
- Suspension devices - here the gates are madeon the rollers, and the guide element is installed above the opening, limiting the travel. Such devices are used mainly in warehouse and other industrial buildings.
- Enclosures on wheeled devices - these devices are characterized by the installation of load-bearing rails in the opening of the structure. Wheels are attached to the canvas, from which the gate is made.
Principle of operation of the device
The most simple to install and install the gateThe sliding ones are designed in the form of a console. When using an automatic system, as a rule, the gear is performed, while the rail is attached to the gate frame, and the drive is given the drive.
The following components of this type of fencing can be distinguished:
- guide rail;
- roller bearings;
- stand and cap;
- catchers (bottom and top);
- end roller and bracket.
Mounting of cantilever sliding gates
The construction of sliding gates is set in motionby means of the mechanism (rail guides and roller system) manually or automatically. The installation works can be divided into the following stages:
- Laying the foundation. The base for the mechanical drive, consisting of roller supports and guide rails, is installed on the side of the door opening (outside the carriageway). In this case, the length of the foundation is taken equal to half the width of the entrance fence, the depth should not be higher than the level of soil freezing. In this base lay the channel and wiring for an automatic gate system. Cables are laid under the carriageway - it is necessary to lay the wiring to power the control mechanism, signal and photocells. Also you need to install a remote antenna. In the case of the existing fences to strengthen the gate, you need to install counter posts adjacent to the inside.
- Assembling the cantilever design of sliding gates. As a rule, the assembly and installation instructions are attached to the products when purchasing, however, general points for console fences can be noted. For example, the door leaf must be rigid (not bending under its own weight), the height is usually 10 cm below the fence. The optimum counterweight (the cantilever part that is outside the passage) is about 50% of the width of the door opening.
- Fencing installation. The fastening of the guide rail to the frame of the blade is recommended to be carried out gradually with the help of a welding seam, which is performed intermittently in staggered order. In this case, preliminary priming of the elements is necessary.
Thus, a different design is possiblesliding gates. With their own hands, they can be installed with the necessary materials and skills to build this type of fencing. It can be noted that the most simple and easy-to-assemble type of sliding fences is the cantilever.