Terrace and veranda: a successful addition to a country house
In the arrangement of a private cottage plays a roleevery detail. Probably, those who once lived in the countryside or at least visited there for the summer holidays to grandparents, remember about their favorite corner in the house - the veranda. This place is the best place to spend quiet, cozy evenings here. Today, the terrace and veranda are still as popular, although the latter in its former use is less and less common ...
Features of erection
A modern country house is a design in which many architectural elements are combined. The loucher, balcony, terrace andveranda - all this acts as a kind ofdecorative element. What is the difference between the last extensions? It is believed that the veranda is a more solid and capital structure, surrounded on all sides by walls and windows. And the abundance of glass is the hallmark of the verandah - such as it was built in Russia.
The terrace is mostly openspace, it can be erected under the roof, but it does not have walls. This extension to the house is most often used to design a recreation area, that is, it is operated at a certain time of the year and is decorated accordingly. Modern projectsverandaandterracesoffer a variety of stylistic solutions. And this means that each customer has the opportunity to choose a suitable variant for each cottage and its architectural design.
Terrace and veranda are important additions to the functionality. True, if they are erected as a capital premise, the following points should be taken into account:
- it is necessary to calculate the load that will be accounted for by the roofing system;
- drainage equipment for rainwater drainage is required;
- if the veranda or terrace is not heated, it is important that they were built using a large amount of glass - this will achieve greater insolation;
- the materials for erecting the add-ons mentioned should be used the same, of which the house is built: this will create a harmonious and unified face of the residential object.
Recently there has been a trend, according towhich is increasingly being built dacha terraces and verandas, equipped with sliding structures. That is, it turns out a multifunctional room, which in the warm season can be turned into a recreation area on the street, and in the cold - to close it from the rain. A kind of terrace is a patio - many country houses have such a premise. It is a platform in front of the house on which a rest area is placed.
Both the terrace and the veranda perform a number of functions:
- Firstly, they are the decoration of a country house;
- Secondly, make space more functional and convenient for use;
- Thirdly, if the veranda, as a rule,is located in the overall design of the house, the terrace can be taken out of its boundaries, respectively, the living space can be designed very interesting and original.
Of course, both the terrace and the veranda will performTheir tasks only in the case of proper construction. Decide which element you want to build for your country cottage, only you. But it is necessary to take into account the harmony of the exterior of the future housing, and also pay attention to its reliability.