Radon baths refer to proceduresalpha therapy. The main principle of their effect on the body is based on the process of decay of the inert radioactive element of radon. The result of this reaction is the formation of alpha radiation.
Radon baths are used with a strong concentration of the radioactive element, ranging from one hundred twenty to two hundred nCi per liter, and also from a weak one from one to ten nCi / L.
The radon enters the patient's body through the skin, lungs and mucous membranes. The radioactive element is released into the environment through the respiratory system.
To conduct a course of therapeutic therapy, a doctor can appoint a radon bath to the patient. Indication for their use:
- disorders of the nervous system (neuritis and neurosis, neuralgia, trauma to nerve endings, etc.);
- the presence of pathological processes in the osteoarticular system (osteochondrosis and arthrosis, myositis and arthritis);
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels (ischemia, hypertension, thrombophlebitis, etc.);
- pathology of the skin (eczema of a chronic type, psoriasis, scleroderma, neurodermatitis, etc.);
- Diseases of the sexual system in women (the presence of an increased number of estrogens, various inflammatory processes, fibroids, climacteric syndrome, etc.);
- pathological processes of the digestive system, which are inflammatory;
- Diseases of the respiratory system (obstruction of the lungs, which is chronic, bronchial asthma, inflammatory phenomena of the mucosa and paranasal sinuses);
- pathology of the organs of excretion (pyelonephritis, cystitis, urethritis, chronic);
- dysfunction of metabolic processes and diseases of the endocrine system (diabetes, obesity, hyperthyroidism).
Have radon baths contraindications. They include:
- radiation sickness of acute or chronic type;
- low protective functions of the body;
- availability of various harmful factors (high-frequency magnetic fields and ionizing radiation) at the workplaces of patients.
Radon baths affect allsystems and organs of the patient. The radioactive element has the ability to directly influence the cells of the body, which distinguishes these water procedures from others. When exposed to the skin, radon initially narrows, and then dilates the capillaries, which contributes to increased blood flow and normalization of the vascular tone. Such procedures have a positive effect on the normalization of the functions of the anticoagulation and clotting systems, which also improves microcirculation processes.
Radon baths, among other things, havea strong analgesic effect. This action on the body is made by blocking the transmission of impulses of pain in its very center, as well as at the spinal cord.
Conducting these procedures increases the immune forcesbody, calming acts on the brain and normalizes the work of the heart and blood vessels. Alpha-therapy helps suppress manifestations of autoimmune character and has anti-inflammatory effect. The adoption of radon baths normalizes metabolic processes, and also accelerates the recovery and healing of skin.