Non-profit organizations: examples of caring for people
Any organization is divided into non-commercial andcommercial structures. The goals of creating one and the other group are their main differences. This difference can already be understood by general notation: commercial and non-profit organizations. Examples of those and others will be given in this article. More attention, of course, will get non-commercial, because the article is dedicated to them. For comparison, let's first look at another group.
People who create a certain community and pursuethe goal is to extract profit from their activities, they are united in commercial organizations. On the basic legal and organizational forms they are divided into the following varieties:
- open joint-stock companies, or JSC;
- Closed-type companies - CJSC;
- Limited Liability Company, or LLC.
Non-profit organizations: examples and characteristics
Obtaining and distributing profits is by no means the main goal of such communities.
By law, the conduct of businessactivity is not forbidden, but they are obliged to use the profits for the main purposes of the organization, and not for personal enrichment. For example, non-profit scientific organizations acquire equipment, raw materials and invest in the development of new projects. Medical societies expand the range of services for the population.
Non-profit organizations can appear on any of the levels, from local to international, at the initiative of citizens, who unite to express and protect their interests.
Their mission is charity, renderingsocial assistance, satisfaction of the spiritual needs of citizens, health protection, the development of sports, culture, the provision of legal services. This is what non-profit organizations do. Examples of their activities are described below.
Nationwide public organizations
1. The abbreviation WWF is one of the world's largest charitable foundations for the protection of wildlife. It operates in more than 130 countries. Since 1988, the World Wildlife Fund has begun to promote its projects in Russia. In 1994 the WWF representative office was opened in our country.
2. Meet FCEM - World Association of Women Entrepreneurs. This organization helps to find contacts in the business environment, holds exhibitions, round tables, seminars, and is engaged in charity.
3. The MKKK is the International Committee of the Red Cross. Another independent humanitarian organization operating around the world. Its task is to provide assistance to those who suffered in armed conflicts.
Examples of non-profit organizations in Russia
1. The Russian Library Association. It was created in order to increase the prestige of these institutions in society. The RBA maintains and develops library business in our country and establishes contacts with professionals from abroad.
2. The largest charitable movement is the Russian Relief Fund. Short - Rusfond. This organization provides targeted assistance to those in need: large families, disabled people, foster children, orphanages, hospitals.
Socially-oriented non-profit organizations
In 2010, on April 5, in the main FederalThe law, adopted in 1966 and called "On non-profit organizations", was amended. The documented list of activities allowed these organizations to become socially oriented.
Such communities are expected to receive assistance fromstate. This can be various benefits, for example, in the payment of taxes. There is support in the retraining of personnel and the upgrading of their skills. Placing orders for the supply of goods and services.
Non-profit organizations - examples of socially-oriented communities - are included in a special register and are systematized.
In addition to financial support, they can provide non-residential premises for long-term use free of charge or at a large discount.
Socially-oriented non-profit organizations are becoming a new reality of Russian society. Examples of them you can see everywhere.
Forms of non-profit organizations
Let's look at some of them from a wide list.
The most common form is autonomousnon-profit organizations. Examples - Labor protection centers. Such organizations exist in any field, and they are engaged in providing services for employers. Instruct specialists on labor protection. They teach fire safety, assistance in case of accidents.
Autonomous non-profit organizations - examplescommunities in which there is no membership of either legal entities or citizens. Supervision of activities rests with the founders who use the services of the organization on an equal footing with others.
No less popular are foundations as non-profitorganization. Examples are the well-known charitable organization "Give Life". This fund was founded by actress Chulpan Khamatova and her colleague Dina Korzun. Many of their comrades in the creative department (artists, musicians) participate in charitable events, helping children with cancer.
The funds also do not have membership, accordingly, no mandatory contributions are paid. Only voluntary investments are possible. Funds are also allowed to participate in business activities.
The obligation of such organizations includes an annual report on the used property.
Consumer cooperatives are another example of non-profit organizations. Citizens unite voluntarily. Membership and membership pay contributions.