How to watch 3D?
Watch the video
Almost everyone watched video or pictures in 3D-format. With the help of special glasses, we are transferred to a new world of perception. Let's talk how to watch 3d.
What is 3D you can find out by reading our article.
3D image transfer technology
For viewing glasses are used, which in turn close the right, then left eye. This work is performed by the source, which is mounted on the device and looks like a small battery. With this feature, the effect of three-dimensional image is achieved.
The advantage of technology is the transfer of the original resolution of the image with a minimum level of distortion.
The fact that the image is fed to each eye separately, in some way serves as a disadvantage. This is due to the fact that the frequency is programmed for each model of the TV, and watching 3D content, this fact can affect the perception of dynamic or, on the contrary, delayed episodes.
Another drawback of such glasses is that it puts a heavy strain on the eyes.However, most people get used to the picture in 10 minutes and the discomfort disappears.
With this technology, the picture is fed to both eyes simultaneously through 3D glasses, which are called passive.
These glasses are divided into two types: anaglyph and polarization.
- Anaglyph glasses consist of a cardboard or plastic frame and glasses of blue and red colors.
These glasses are inexpensive, but the volume effect does not achieve high quality plus often there is a distortion of the color rendition of the picture.
Anaglyph glasses can be made independently using available tools. How - read our article How to make 3D glasses.
- Polarized glasses. Divided into two types - with circular and linear polarization.
Circular polarization allows free head position when viewing 3D content, while the use of linear polarized glasses provides a vertical position for the head of the viewer.
The disadvantage of such glasses is that the image will be darker than the actual one due to the polarization film coating the glasses.
Polarized glasses are relatively inexpensive. The advantage is that when watching the eyes do not tense and do not get tired.
Read our article How to watch 3D on TV.
Ways to view 3D content
- The stereoscope is a device for viewing "bulk" photos and pictures. It is an optical binocular device. The principle of operation lies in the fact that if you take a scene from 2 points located at some distance from each other on a camera and then place 2 shots, which are called a stereo pair, the viewer will be able to see a three-dimensional image. When viewing a picture, one eye focuses on only one image.
- Anaglyph 3D glasses. Light filters inserted in the frame instead of lenses allow you to see a 3D image. Since the color rendition is violated when viewing content, it is recommended to use these glasses when viewing black and white images and movies.
- Mirror 3D-glasses - stereo glasses, consisting of 2 pairs of mirrors. For viewing technology is used mirror information angles. With this device you can view photos and videos only in the format of a parallel stereo pair.
- Polarized 3D glasses. To view the content of this method, it is necessary to observe an important condition: the screen must be silver or aluminized. Due to the high cost of such glasses can be found only in specialized cinemas.
- 3D shutter glasses.The principle of work is the active technology that we described above. Such glasses can be used not only for viewing 3D-content, but also for the passage of computer games. For high-quality viewing, you need to use a monitor with high frequency.
- Stereo glasses with multiband filters. Filters mounted on lenses only allow blue, green and red color to pass through. Through the glasses, there is some sort of filtering of the waves, thanks to which the user sees a 3D image.
- Video glasses - a device that consists of a virtual screen and headphones. Wearing a device on the eyes, a TV screen will appear in front of you, which will be visually located at a distance of 2 meters. Points can be connected to an iPhone, iPod or iPad and enjoy photos or videos on the road or at home, and this device is designed for playing computer games.
- A virtual reality helmet is a device that is put on the head consisting of a video screen and a speaker system. Stereo helmet creates a 3D effect by providing images for each eye separately. Video glasses are an advanced form of stereo helmet.
View 3D content without special devices
- To view the stereo pair, the eye crossing method is used: each eye must be focused on its image (the right eye looks at the left image and vice versa). This procedure helps the brain to form a 3D image;
- A picture with a pronounced repeating pattern should be viewed from the distance of an outstretched arm: relax your eyes and try to look as if through an image. Next, move the picture from yourself, then to yourself, until you see a three-dimensional image;
- If viewing 3D images without special glasses makes it difficult, you can place the printed image behind the glass door of the cabinet. Now look at the image through the glass, adjusting the distance in steps;
- When watching a 3D movie without glasses, you need to concentrate on the video, alternately closing your eyes when they are tired;
- Also, for watching videos, special TVs are used, which do not require 3D devices.