How to recover muscles?
After an intense workout, when it seems that all the muscles of the body are tense, a recovery day is required. This will avoid overtraining the muscles and provide competent preparation of the body for the next session.
In order to restore muscle after a workout, you need to take a break for a day or better for two. These days you can practice, but at an easy pace. And every 3 months of training you need to take about 7 days to rest the whole body.
Stretching more "hot" muscles, that is, immediately after a workout, gives not only a beautiful elongated body relief, but also effective relaxation of tissues, relieving tension from them.
It is desirable in each pose to linger for 15-20 seconds, you should literally feel every muscle. If pains suddenly appear, stop and start working with another group of muscles.
Performing cardiovascular exercises after an intense workout in a relaxed mode will also relieve tension in the body and restore muscles.Perfect for this ride on an exercise bike or run on the track - no more than 10-15 minutes in the mode of low resistance simulators.
It will also help to quickly restore muscle training on rest days with a load of 30-50% of your normal pace. For example, if you are engaged in 2 hours, then on the day of rest and recovery you will spend 40-60 minutes training. If you lift 60 kg., Then work with a weight of 30 kg or less.
After all the workouts, take a few minutes to proper breathing. Take slow breaths in and out (4 seconds each), focusing on complete relaxation of the body.
The right products - this is the resource that provides the body with endurance, strength, ability to develop and improve in the process of training. So, to support muscle regeneration, include in your diet:
- complex carbohydrates;
- unsaturated fatty acids.
So you should love the following products:
- whole grain bread and pasta;
- fat sea fish (tuna, salmon, trout, herring, salmon);
- legumes, wild rice and cereals (oatmeal is best);
- eggs and chicken fillet;
- peanut butter, dark chocolate and nuts;
- Greek yogurt;
- berries, fruits and vegetables;
- dried fruits.
As for drinks, give preference:
- mineral water without gas;
- isotonic (during and after exercise);
- water with orange juice - 100 ml. juice on 1 l. water;
- water with honey (after intense workouts) - 2-3 tbsp. l honey on 1 l. water.
Massage, bath and sleep
All these three components are also very important for proper training of the muscles, excluding their overload.
- Periodically be sure to do a tissue and muscle massage with a qualified specialist - no even a good stretch will provide you with such an effect of relaxation.
- Also, after a busy activity (in particular, in the evening before bedtime), you can lie in a bath or sit in the sauna for 10-15 minutes. This will increase blood flow, which, in turn, will stimulate tissue oxygen saturation.
- Finally, pay attention and good sleep - sleep at least 7 hours a day.