How to knit leashes?
Watch the video
According to opinion polls, fishing remains one of the most popular types of men's hobbies in the post-Soviet space. There are many "secret" knowledge that is transmitted from fisherman to fisherman, communicating between generations. Various methods that tell how to properly knit leashes, of course, belong to the main secrets of fishing.
As equipment for successful fishing, donk has been used for a long time. Popular among the people are the so-called “zakidushka” with a terminal load, and a “rubber band” with a shock absorber made from aviation rubber. The distinctive feature of donocs is multiple hooks and leashes. Some fishermen even believe that: the more the better. And here, for sure, the ability to knit leashes is useful. After all, for a good, effective gear they need at least five.
How to knit leashes on donku
- Loop to loop. To bind the line to the leash, on the main line by the number of leads we knit a loop (double knot). At the ends of the leads also knit loop. Then thread the loop into the loop and tighten.The disadvantage of this method is that over time, the leash twists around the main line and gradually fails.
- Button. We put buttons on the main fishing line according to the number of expected leads. Buttons we take simple, from any old shirt. We knit locking knots in front and behind each of them. Then in the hole of the buttons we pass the leash loop and tighten. It turns out pretty reliable fishing leash.
- Split loop On the main line knit large loops (double or triple knot). Well tighten. Cut the loop from one edge (from a node to three to five millimeters). On the resulting leash tied hook. The main disadvantage of this method is the weakening of the carrying capacity of the main line. Therefore, it can only be used for fishingfish.
- With insulating tape. This method is very simple and therefore popular. The bottom line: tie the leashes on the bait with the help of cambric, made of pieces of insulation. We put on the main line as many pieces as we need to make the leads. The distance between them can be adjusted. Then we tie two more loops on the main line - from the front to the back of each cambric, fixing them in this way.On the leash on the end we make a loop and tighten it around the cambric.
- Removable leash. We make a separate leash and tie the carabiner at its end. To learn how to fasten carbines correctly, read more in our article How to tie a lead. On the main line we make a double loop. Fasten the leash with a carbine. The advantages of this method are that the leash can be detached from the main line at any time: in the case of transportation or gearing.
How to knit loops on leashes
At the end of each leash, as a rule, a loop is required to connect to the main line. This loop can be linked in various ways. We offer to explore one of the most reliable sites, which is popularly called "dead." At the end of the fishing line of the leash we make a double loop with an allowance. We leave a small eyelet and wind the resulting double line on the index finger several times. We remove the finger. Ears pass through the resulting window. Tighten the loop. Trim the excess end. Reliable and simple leash loop is ready.