How to get rid of ticks?
Ticks - the largest group in the class of arachnids, has more than 40 thousand species. With all their diversity, only a relatively small part of ticks are parasites and carriers of various human diseases. In this article we will take a closer look at dust mites, subcutaneous and spider mites and tell you how to get rid of mites.
Dust mites live in the dust and feed on it, their sizes do not exceed 0.4 mm. This tick is in every home, it does not bite, does not tolerate the disease, but can cause allergies. Where in your apartment there are dust mites, you can learn from the article: "Where does dust come from?" Most of the dust mites are in your bed, here is the most optimal environment for their life and breeding, hence their other name - bedding. Mite waste products are toxic. They can cause dermatitis, runny nose, allergic asthma, etc. in humans.
How to get rid of bed mites
- Cleaning as often as possible.
- Use special vacuum cleaners with HEPA filters.
- Washing bed linen at a temperature of over 65 ° C using acaricidal additives.
- In time to change the bedding, such as mattresses, pillows, blankets. You can replace them with bedding made of synthetic materials, or with the “NOMITE” sign, which confirms that natural materials have been specially processed.
- Keep bed linen in a dry place.
- Low temperatures, you can air pillows in the winter outside.
- Sun rays, drying of bedding in the sun, treatment of the room with ultraviolet lamps.
- Air cleaners and humidifiers - to control the humidity of the air and reduce its dustiness.
- Processing of furniture, carpets with anti-tick agents.
- You can use special covers for mattresses and pillows made of thick fabric.
Subcutaneous tick causes demodecosis in humans. The tick settles inside the hair follicles in the sebaceous glands. Up to a certain point, the tick does not cause harm, but once the body is weakened, it is under stress, as the tick begins to actively reproduce. Ticks affect the chin and nasolabial fold, the wings of the nose, eyelashes and eyebrows, eyelids, forehead, auricles, the hair part of the head.Most people with demodicosis do not even suspect it, since this disease has an external similarity with acne. The only difference is that, unlike acne, demodicosis itself will not work, it must be treated, and the treatment is difficult and lengthy.
How to get rid of subcutaneous tick
- Treatment of demodicosis should be carried out only under the guidance of a dermatologist.
- During the treatment process, carefully observe the hygiene, use fresh, ironed towels.
- With demodicosis, you must stop using all cosmetics that come into contact with the skin, such as mascara, powder, eye shadows, makeup brushes, etc.
- In parallel with the treatment it is necessary to do general health, to increase immunity.
Spider mite infects plants. He got this name because of his ability to weave a web. The mite feeds on vegetable sap, as a result of which the plants turn yellow (at first non-uniformly), discolor, twist and dry.
How to get rid of spider mites
- Spraying with soap and alcohol solution (in 1 liter of hot water we dilute with 20g of household soap, after cooling add 20 ml of alcohol).
- We cover the plant for several hours with a packet and put a glass of turpentine inside.
- We add fleas and ticks zoo shampoo for animals to the water and spray the plants.
- The use of chemical agents against ticks; Be sure to read the instructions.
When dealing with spider mites, it is worth remembering that it is necessary to process not only the flower with the pot, but also the window sills, windows and all the cracks that are close to your collection of flowers. Before treating plants, they must be washed with warm water.