How to create a character?
Watch the video
A game character is a character in computer games, controlled by a human player. Game characters are different from non-player in that they are controlled by man, while non-player characters are controlled by game artificial intelligence. In almost all games, the character is the protagonist of the plot of the game and the main character. In this article we will look at how to create a character in the games The Sims 3 and Minecraft.
Creating a character in Minecraft with Cinema 4D
First you need to create your skin without eyes and mouth in any skin editor and save it in the game files. To begin character creation in Cinema 4D, you will need:
- Download the correct rig (for example) and open it in the program.
- Set the harvested texture of the head, legs and torso.
- In the render settings, set the resolution you need.
- Change the appearance of the character (eye color, the position of the elements of the face, etc.).
- Save the resulting character with the alpha channel option enabled and maximum smoothing in .PNG format.
The character is created, you can start the game.
Character creation in The Sims 3
The Sims 3 is a very flexible character creation editor. It includes everything: from the finest settings of the shape of the face to the timbre of the voice. You will be able to create characters with absolutely unique and diverse facial features and a set of character traits that make up the structure of behavior.
To create a character in Sims 3:
- Enter the game and select the character creation editor.
- In the top tab of the panel on the left, enter the name and surname of your sim, and also select the gender, age (children and adolescents will not be able to independently settle into the house without at least one adult character in the family), skin tone, build ( to very full) and musculature.
- In the next tab there is an opportunity to choose a hairstyle, a headdress, the length of eyelashes, the shape of eyebrows and beard (if a male character), the color of hair and eyes. These parameters can be fixed under clothing types with different variations.
- Next are various options for the shape of the face, mouth, nose, eyes and ears, as well as features of the appearance (such as freckles and moles), and even makeup.
- In the clothes tab you can choose for the character everyday and sportswear, formal and bathing suit and nightwear. Each type of clothing contains several elements: clothing for the torso, for the lower body (or a full suit), shoes, and various accessories (glasses, jewelry, stockings, etc.). With the help of a convenient style editor, you can choose any of the available textures for clothing and RAL color.
- The last tab to choose from offers character traits (they will affect career growth and interaction with other characters), the dream of a lifetime (the sim will strive to fulfill it, while receiving a considerable amount of happiness points, depending on the chosen goal), eating habits, music, favorite color and voice timbre. You can also choose the sign of the zodiac created by the sim.
If you do not want to spend a lot of time creating a character, use the "Random selection" button. Also on the Internet there are lots of additional materials in the form of hairstyles, clothes, makeup and textures for Sims 3.