How to cook rice for sushi?
Watch the video
In Japan, rice is used to make the mostdifferent dishes, not only sushi and rolls, and from its correct preparation the taste of the dish will depend. And despite this, the only true way of cooking rice is not, we will consider different options for how to properly cook rice for sushi and rolls. And they will all be right, choose to your taste.
How to cook rice for sushi
Rice for rolls and sushi is cooked equally, sinceit must become viscous and well adhering. Before cooking, rice for sushi and rolls is advised to rinse to a clear color of water and to dry on a sieve for 30 minutes. When choosing a variety of rice, stop on a round, it has the property of sticking together and being sticky.
The first way to cook rice for sushi
- Rinse the rice to clear water. Spread the rice on a sieve and leave to dry for 30 minutes.
- Put rice in a saucepan and pour water. The proportions of rice and water should be 1: 1.5. For a larger flavor in a pot of water and rice should put a small piece of seaweed. When boiling water, it will have to be pulled out.
- After boiling the water, cover the pan with a lid andreduce the fire to a minimum. How much to cook rice for sushi ... Cook rice until it absorbs all the water (this will take 10-15 minutes).
- When the rice is cooked, it should stand for 10 minutes under the closed lid.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of vinegar for sushi 2 teaspoons of salt and 7 teaspoons of granulated sugar. Make sure that everything dissolves.
- Spray the rice with the resulting mixture, gently mix and let the rice cool.
The second way to cook rice for rolls and sushi
- Buy a special rice for sushi and rinse 175 gr. in cold water on a sieve. Water should become transparent.
- Boil 250 ml of water and pour the washed rice. Cook it for two minutes.
- Remove the pan from the plate and leave the rice to swell under the closed lid for 10 minutes.
- Open the lid and let the rice stand for another 10 minutes.
- Mix 2 tablespoons rice vinegar with 1 tsp. salt and 1ch.l. of granulated sugar. Preheat this mixture.
- With this mixture, sprinkle the finished rice and mix it gently.
The third way to properly cook rice for sushi
- Rinse rice or not, this is your business. It is necessary to pour rice with water (take water 1.5 times more than rice) and leave it to swell for 30 minutes.
- Then bring the rice to a boil.
- Put the fire on a minimum and cook the rice under the lid for 10 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the plate and leave the rice under the lid for 20 minutes.
- Mix the vinegar, sugar and salt, as usual.
- Lay the rice on parchment, sprinkle with vinegar and mix the rice with a wooden spatula in such a way, as if cutting it. And at the end, cool the rice.