How to connect a subwoofer to the car?
Watch the video
Connecting the subwoofer to the car is nottime-consuming task, while the effect of connecting such a device can please any car enthusiast. Thanks to the subwoofer you can achieve high-quality bass, and, therefore, make the acoustic system of the car more solid. In this article, we will discuss how to connect a subwoofer to a car. First of all, we will understand what is needed for this.
Equipment for connecting a subwoofer
To connect any subwoofer, you will need to purchase:
- Amplifier from two channels and higher.
- Wires with a fuse. It is desirable that they are in a protective shell, which will not be lost during operation (corrugation). The length of the wires will depend on the specific model of your car.
- Also you will need wire-tulips for connection to a radio tape recorder and to the amplifier. You need to buy a set of wires, in which you can connect from the amplifier to the subwoofer.
Now consider where it's best to install a subwoofer.
Places for installing a subwoofer
We'll look at three types of cars for which the different places for installing a subwoofer will be most appropriate.
- In the case of a sedan, the best place forThe subwoofer installation will have a rear shelf. In doing so, during installation of the subwoofer, it is necessary to make sure that the low-frequency speaker diffuser is not closed, otherwise it will be impossible to achieve a high sound quality.
- In the case of a hatchback-type car, you can install a speaker in the trunk.
- For the SUV and crossover, you can also install the subwoofer in the luggage compartment. And it is better to have it in the middle.
Before installing the subwoofer andwiring, be sure to check that the negative battery cable is disconnected, otherwise there is a risk of a short circuit, also think in advance about where the fuse will be installed. It is recommended to secure the fuse with a screw.
- Further it is necessary to find the places where thewires for connecting a subwoofer. Then find the power cord and connect it to the fuse. Specialists recommend connecting the wires in such a way that they pass along the edge of the cabin.
- Also, when laying wires, it is recommendedto dismantle the rear seats. Cables need to be connected to the sab out of the subwoofer, the wiring of the remote connection must be connected to the rmt output. Note that the wiring of these wires must be done in such a way that the power wires do not touch.
- Finally, you need to connect the power wires to the amplifier terminal, then attach the ground wire.
- Now it remains to connect the plus wire of the amplifier to the battery.
- The negative wire can be attached to any secure attachment.
- The battery cable can be pulled out of the rubber bushes next to the clutch cable.
You can check the sound quality. If, during the work, you hear that the subwoofer is wheezing, do not immediately suspect it in poor quality and return it to the store. The fact is that any subwoofer has a warm-up period, which can be from 2 to 8 hours. During this period, the characteristic features of the work of any subwoofer can be rales and sniffs. It is not recommended to use the subwoofer immediately at full power, as this can lead to a malfunction in its operation.
When you will remove the radio and other elements, use special pullers, which are keys for various purposes.
We recommend you to read useful articles on the topic. In them you will find information on how you can connect, configure and pick up a subwoofer.