Do not want to sleep, what to do?
Sleep - a vital need of the bodyrights. During sleep, the lost physical strength is restored, the work of various systems and organs is stabilized. One sleepless night can reduce the capacity of the human brain to 9%. During sleep, the body is even able to cure diseases and make important decisions. But if you go to bed, you do not want to sleep, what to do?
The duration of a person's sleep depends on his age. For an adult, the norm is 8 to 10 hours of sleep. For toddlers and elderly people this time increases to 12 - 14 hours per day. As statistics show, every third person at the age of 35 years has problems with sleep. Most often it occurs in women.
Causes of insomnia
The time for which a person falls asleep varies from3 to 10 minutes. With insomnia, this process can be stretched to 4 hours. Such people, waking up for some reason at night can no longer fall asleep or do it with great difficulty. To solve the problem of insomnia, you need to understand why you do not want to sleep.
- Incorrect power mode. Perhaps, you like to eat well and leave not the evening the most high-calorie foods.
- An inconvenient bed. It is worth serious approach to choosing a bed and accessories. It is better to give preference to orthopedic materials.
- Wrong mode of the day. Develop a habit of going to bed at the same time of the day and give up lunch.
- Stress is the most common causeinsomnia. Nervous tension does not allow the brain to relax, as a consequence of this, a person scrolls moments of life before his eyes instead of happily sleeping. The more anxious a person is, the more difficult it is for him to fall asleep.
Chronic diseases. Insomnia can symbolize the problems of the cardiovascular system (neurosis, arrhythmia, vegetative-vascular dystonia), respiratory tract or hormonal changes.
We can give you some tips on what to do when you do not feel like sleeping. There are excellent ways to relax the body and cause sleep.
- Make a warm bath by adding a few drops of essential oil or sea salt. This procedure will relax and soothe.
- Organize yourself a half-hour walk before going to bed.
- For a couple of hours before sleep eat something light. Perfectly suitable yogurt or apple, they will quench the feeling of hunger and will allow to sleep peacefully throughout the night.
- Drink a mug of mint tea for the night. This drink will warm and relax. You can replace the mint with the root of valerian or oregano.
- Also a glass of warm milk with honey is a good choice. It will be useful and tasty.
- Good sleep will help you exercise. Be engaged in sports in the interval from 5 to 8 o'clock in the evening, it will help to get easy fatigue, conducive to healthy sound sleep.
- Before going to bed, it's good to do quiet things: guessing scandvors, embroidering, reading, solitaire, or other activities that cause yawning.
- Turn off the house a bright light, create a relaxingthe situation. You can light a candle and turn on the aroma lamp. Try to relax and tune in to a calm mood. Look forward to the pleasure of the upcoming deep sleep.
- It is easiest to fall asleep on the left side. In this position, the body experiences the least strain on internal organs.
- Psychologists argue that the fastest way to fall asleep and distract from unnecessary thoughts is helping the black bed linen. Maybe it's worth experimenting with.
What is not worth doing?
If you can not fall asleep and not a bityou want to sleep, maybe you are doing something wrong. Review your behavior before bed. Most likely you yourself provoke cheerfulness of the body. The enemies of a good sound sleep are:
- Evening shower. He does not relax, but rather increases muscle tone and cheers a person.
- Late supper. Too high or heavy food will not let you fall asleep. The stomach is hard to digest it, and so it does not allow the whole body to sleep.
- Absolutely empty stomach will not give you rest either. Already in bed you will have a feeling of hunger.
- Alcoholic beverages, nicotine and coffee are the enemies of sleep number one. Take a great interest in these things, especially after 6 pm.
- TV. Interesting exciting programs and bright dynamic advertising will not let you relax before going to bed, but will only give cheerfulness.
- Tune in a calm way, try to enjoy the upcoming deep sleep.
- Replace the fluffy pillow soft mattress on the orthopedic. The place of sleep should be moderately firm, and the head is only slightly raised on the pillow.
- Do not worry. It is possible that your troubled state about insomnia and is the cause of problems with sleep.
From the article you learned what to do if you do not want to sleep. We are sure that our advice will help you to get a sound and healthy sleep.